• It is the responsibility of each player and the Team Manager/Coach be aware of the total status of their players' infractions. Failure to comply may result in further disciplinary measures that may include suspension of the Team Manager/Coach and forfeiture of games played in. (This includes use of illegal players – those not registered properly on the team roster or not current on facility membership dues.)
TERMINATION OF PARTICIPATION:
• The facility management reserves the right to terminate an individual's and team's participation at the facility for violation of the facility policies as posted.
• If a team cannot play a scheduled game, the facility requires a 48-hour notice or the game will be forfeited and not rescheduled. (See FORFEITURES)
A team forfeiting a game(s) during any one session will be subject to the following fines:
• 1st forfeit - $25 fine
• 2nd forfeit - $50 fine
• 3rd forfeit - Termination of team participation from the session and loss of re-registration priority.
• Fines for forfeitures must be paid prior to a team continuing the session schedule.
• Intention to file protest must be noted in writing immediately following the game. A formal written protest with a $20 fee (refundable if upheld) must be submitted to We Play within 48 hours after the end of the game. ONLY A VIOLATION OF THE LAWS OF THE GAME, RULES OR GUIDELINES OF THE FACILITY AS PUBLISHED ARE MATTERS FOR PROTEST. Protests regarding fielding of illegal players must be brought to the attention of the game officials prior to the suspected player(s) leaving the field of play.
• We Play does not supply a first aid kit for teams. It shall be the responsibility of each Team Manager/Coach to maintain their own first-aid kit for treatment of their players.
Red Card suspensions are as follows:
• Red card for handball to prevent a goal-scoring opportunity – one-game suspension
• Red card for foul or abusive language – minimum one-game suspension
• Red card for persisting in misconduct after having received a caution-one game suspension
• Red card for three (2-minute) time penalties – minimum one-game suspension
• Red card for violent conduct or serious foul play – minimum three-game suspension subject to further disciplinary action as decided by facility management.
• Red card for fighting before, during or after a game – minimum one-year suspension subject to further disciplinary action as decided by facility management.
• Red card for assaulting an official (an “Assault on an Official” shall be defined as an attempt to commit a battery upon an official; and an act which is close to accomplishment shall be sufficient to constitute an assault upon the official. Local authorities will also be notified.) – Minimum one-year suspension subject to further disciplinary action as decided by facility management.
• Any player or coach who accumulates three (3) yellow cards within one division during one 8-week session will be suspended for one game.
• Should a coach of a team be unable to control a player’s actions after a red card is issued, the coach will also be suspended as outlined above.
• A player accumulating three straight red cards over a one-year period will receive a minimum 16-week suspension and subject to further disciplinary action as decided by facility management.
• A player accumulating three red cards (as a result of an accumulation of several lesser penalties) over a one-year period, will receive a minimum eight (8) week suspension subject to further disciplinary action as decided by facility management.
• Do not jump in if a fight is occurring on the field! Players and coaches who jump in are subject to a red card. Allow the other players on the field and staff to break up the fight and the referee will issue red cards to the players involved in the fight.
• For all Youth, Men’s and Women’s divisions, the team that comes in first place based on points after a 10-game season must move up a division the next season. For instance, a Men’s Division 2 team that places first in the division must move up to Men’s Division 1 for the next session.
GAME SCHEDULE & MAKE-UP GAMES:
• If a team is unable to play a scheduled game, the opposing team may choose to accept a 1-0 forfeit. If both teams agree to a make-up, they will be offered possible times from the facility management office, if available. It will be the responsibility of the team managers or representatives to request a schedule change and select one of the available times.
• All league games begin at the posted game time. Players and coaches are responsible for knowing the correct time and being on the field ready to play. The 20-minute clock automatically begins at game time. Official time at We Play is that of the clock on the scoreboard. If the teams are not ready, the referee will wait five (5) minutes while the game clock is running. After five (5) minutes, the game will be declared a forfeit and the referee is not required to stay and officiate for an unofficial scrimmage.
RED CARD POLICY:
• There is a red card policy fee of $10. The red-carded player is responsible for paying the fee before participating in any other games.
• A player or coach who receives a red card must immediately leave the player boxes and field area.
• The player or coach may also be required to serve a suspension, as outlined below. One-game suspensions must be served for the team that the player is on when the red card is received. If a player or coach receives a red card that includes a one-game suspension, and they receive the red card in the last game of a session, they will serve their suspension in the first game of the next session they register to play in.
Guidelines and Policies Membership:
• Membership to We Play is open to all members of the community. Membership may be obtained by completing the appropriate Release of Liability and paying the league fees. Membership entitles the player to utilize the facility as a registered team player for league play, participate in practice sessions, tournaments, clinics, open pick-up games and other activities. Additional fess may be required. Membership may be revoked at the discretion of We Play's Management.
Release of Liability/Assumption of Risk Agreement:
• No individual will be allowed to participate in any league games, practice sessions, tournaments, clinics, open pick-up games, or other activities unless a release form has been properly completed and signed.
League Registration & Fees:
• Teams are registered on a first-come, first-served basis; with existing registered teams taking priority. Registration must be paid in full at the time of registration.
3 v 3 House Rules
5 v 5 House Rules
Codes of Behavior
Zero Tolerance Policy:
• Anyone fighting within the arena or on the facility property will be subject to termination of membership, and may face civil or criminal charges.
• Acts of God, civil unrest or other circumstances, both foreseeable and unforeseeable, may prevent completion of a game or session. In the event that We Play is responsible for an incomplete session, and if completion of a game or session cannot be concluded in a reasonable period of time, We Play’s liability will under no circumstances exceed a prorated return of the team registration fees minus any non-refundable deposits.
• Any player or coach receiving a red card must immediately leave the facility.
• The team manager, coach or team representative is responsible for the conduct of all players, and the players shall be responsible for the conduct of all the team’s spectators.
• Children must be supervised at all times. Please do not allow them to stand on chairs or tables to watch games. Parents are financially responsible for any damage done to We Play’s property by their children.
• Individuals utilizing this facility do so at their own risk. The property owners, league operators and staff of We Play assume no liability for any injuries or accidents that may occur. Please reference the Release of Liability/Assumption of Risk Agreement Form and signage posted within the facility.
• Conduct within the facility should be in the spirit of good sporting behavior.
• Please, no alcohol or drug use prior to or during play. Doing so will result in ejection from the facility.
• If you find or lose any item, please report it immediately to the We Play Staff. We do not assume responsibility for any lost items.
• No food, drinks, chewing tobacco, chewing gum or cleats permitted on playing surface. Only water is allowed in player boxes.
• No sunflower seeds or similar type products are permitted in the facility.
• No glass containers on the field or in the player boxes.
• No videotaping or taking photos from the player boxes. You may videotape or take photos from the stands.
• All play must be conducted as set forth in the We Play LAWS OF THE GAME.
• We reserve the right to refuse play and/or service to anyone.
• Team Manager/Coach must give the membership cards to the official scorekeeper or referee PRIOR to the start of the game.
• A player cannot play without a membership card. If the player forgets the membership card, he/she will have to pay a fee of $5 for a player pass.
• IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MEMBERSHIP CARD, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY.
LEAGUE AND PLAYER INFORMATION INDIVIDUAL PLAYER DIVISIONAL PARTICIPATION:
• An individual player may play on two teams, provided that both teams do not play in the same division, league or scheduled day to play.
LEAGUE STANDINGS POINT SYSTEM:
• Win = 3 points
• Tie = 1 point
• Loss = 0 points
• League games that end in a tied score after regulation play shall remain a tied game.
LEAGUE DIVISIONS TIES:
The following tie-breaking system order shall govern any league divisions ending in a tie at the end of the league season:
• 1st = Comparison of league record against each other.
• 2nd = Comparison of goal differential against each other.
• 3rd = Comparison of goal differential for the season.
• Indoor flat-soled or turf-soccer shoes are required (no studded/screw-in shoes). Teams MUST be dressed in matching colored jerseys (shirts). Permanent numbers are required.
• Shin guards are required.
Laws of the Game:
• The Laws of the Game followed at We Play are as set forth in the United States Indoor Soccer Association Official Indoor Soccer Rules, unless otherwise specified. Please read We Play’s Laws of the Game.
• Individuals are expected to play under control and within the rules of the game, and to the best of their ability, and will avoid causing injury to themselves and other persons using the facility.
• We Play’s management would like to reaffirm that referees appointed to officiate each game have complete authority, and that their decisions on points of fact connected with the game are final. Complaints regarding officials should be submitted in writing and contain points of fact. DO NOT DISCUSS OFFICIATING OR THE OFFICIALS WITH THE FACILITY STAFF DURING OR IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING YOUR GAME.
• Player rosters must be turned in prior to the FIRST (1st) GAME OF THE SESSION. Changes will be permitted prior to the THIRD (3rd) game. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of all games played with illegal player(s). Players may only be added later if a player is injured and removed from the roster for the remainder of the session. Proof of injury must be provided. Acceptable proof shall be a doctor’s note. Any other requests to add players after the third game will be considered at the discretion of management.
Levels of Competition:
We Play reserves the right to make the necessary changes within league divisions to ensure an equal level of ability and competition.
• Only players and two (2) coaches are allowed in the player boxes during league games. Family, friends and guests are required to remain in designated viewing areas. If an unauthorized player or coach is in the box and refuses to leave, the officials will stop the game until they leave the box, and the team will be awarded a time penalty.
• There is limited space to warm up before your game. You may only warm up on your designated field. The best thing to do is be prepared and enter the field where your game is going to be played as soon as possible and start warming up immediately.